1. Top 24 vietnamese food you don’t want to miss – Hanoi Snail Noodle Soup
Hanoi Snail Noodle Soup is a famous dish made from simple and rustic ingredients, including snails, noodles, tomatoes, aromatic herbs, and spices. This delicious Hanoi specialty is loved by both local residents and visitors from afar. The dish has an appealing color, and the rich flavor of the snail broth is often chosen by Hanoians for breakfast or lunch with their families.
Recommended places to enjoy tasty snail noodle soup:
– Bun Oc Giang – 36 Luong Ngoc Quyen Street, Hoan Kiem District
– Bun Oc Suon – 57 Hai Ba Trung Street, Hoan Kiem District
– Bun Oc Suon Co Sau – Ground floor, 354 Bach Mai Street, Hai Ba Trung District
2. Top 24 vietnamese food you don’t want to miss – Hanoi Pho
Hanoi Pho is a traditional and long-standing dish that carries the unique flavors of the northern region of Vietnam. The most noticeable difference between Hanoi Pho and southern-style Pho is the wider and thicker rice noodles used in Hanoi Pho. Some places also serve it with “quay” (deep-fried breadsticks). Visitors to Hanoi can choose from various options such as chicken pho, beef pho, or duck pho, depending on their personal preferences.
Recommended places to enjoy delicious pho in Hanoi:
– Pho Gia Truyen: 49 Bat Dan Street, Hoan Kiem District
– Pho Thin: 13 Lo Duc Street, Hai Ba Trung District
– Pho Vui (specializes in beef pho): 25 Hang Giay Street, Hoan Kiem District
3. Top 24 vietnamese food you don’t want to miss – Hanoi Rolled Pho
Hanoi Rolled Pho is a familiar and delicious dish among Hanoi locals. It is made by wrapping rice noodles with meat, sausage, herbs, spring onions, bean sprouts, etc. The combination of sweet and savory flavors from the meat, herbs, and dipping sauce makes it a delightful and fragrant dish that doesn’t make you feel too full.
Recommended places to enjoy tasty rolled pho:
– Pho Cuon Huong Mai: 25 Ngu Xa Street, Ba Dinh District
– Pho Cuon Hung Ben: 35 Nguyen Khac Hieu Street, Ba Dinh District
– Pho Cuon Ngu Xa: 233A To Hieu Street, Cau Giay District
4. Top 24 vietnamese food you don’t want to miss – Hanoi Grilled Pork Vermicelli
At first glance, you may think of grilled pork vermicelli as a dish from the southern region, but the dipping sauce of Hanoi’s grilled pork vermicelli is completely different. A portion of grilled pork vermicelli consists of vermicelli noodles, sweet and sour dipping sauce with pickled carrots and radishes, and flavorful grilled pork patties with hints of charcoal and pepper. When eating, it is served with fresh vegetables, creating a rich and irresistible taste.
Recommended places to enjoy Hanoi’s grilled pork vermicelli:
– Bun Cha Cua Dong: 41 Cua Dong Street, Hoan Kiem District
– Bun Cha Dac Kim: 1 Hang Manh Street, Hoan Kiem District
– Bun Cha Sinh Tu: 57 Nguyen Khuyen Street, Dong Da District
5. Top 24 vietnamese food you don’t want to miss – Hanoi Stuffed Meatball Noodle Soup
Hanoi Stuffed Meatball Noodle Soup is a dish worth trying when visiting Hanoi. It consists of simple ingredients such as noodles, minced pork, meatballs, and a clear broth made from simmering bones. The round and fragrant meatballs, combined with the chewy noodles and the spiciness of chili, make it a delightful dish that will leave you craving for more. Missing out on this Hanoi specialty would make your trip less flavorful!
Recommended places for Hanoi stuffed meatball noodle soup:
– Bun Moc Hang Luoc: 57-59 Hang Luoc Street, Hoan Kiem District
– Bun Moc Suon Chua Xa Dan: 181 Xa Dan Street, Phuong Lien, Dong Da District
– Bun Moc Chan Ga: 45A Mai Hac De Street, Bui Thi Xuan, Hoan Kiem District
6. Top 24 vietnamese food you don’t want to miss – Hanoi Crab Noodle Soup
The main ingredient that makes Hanoi Crab Noodle Soup unique is freshly crushed river crabs. The broth is slowly simmered to extract the essence of the crab, and the crab meat is formed into patties that float on the surface of the soup. Additions such as red tomatoes, shrimp paste, green onions, fried tofu, and a side of vegetables and noodles complete the flavorful experience.
Recommended places to enjoy delicious Hanoi crab noodle soup:
– Bun Rieu Pho Quang Trung: 2F Quang Trung Street, Hoan Kiem District
– Bun Rieu Pho Nguyen Sieu: 32 Nguyen Sieu Street, Hoan Kiem District
7. Top 24 vietnamese food you don’t want to miss – Hanoi’s Bánh Đa Cua
You can find bánh đa cua in many other cities in the northern region, but the simple and rustic flavor of Hanoi’s bánh đa cua is what makes it unforgettable. The chewy bánh đa noodles, combined with flavorful broth, a touch of sour vinegar, and spicy chili, create the perfect combination.
Recommended places to enjoy delicious bánh đa cua in Hanoi:
– Bánh đa cua Hàng Đồng: 8 Hàng Đồng, Hoàn Kiếm District
– Bánh đa cua Phố Trung Liệt: 143 Trung Liệt, Đống Đa District
– Bánh đa cua và miến trộn Huỳnh Thúc Kháng: 16 Huỳnh Thúc Kháng, Đống Đa District
8.Top 24 vietnamese food you don’t want to miss – Hanoi’s Xôi Khúc
Xôi khúc, also known as bánh khúc, is one of the traditional culinary delights of Hanoi. The cake has a round shape, with a filling of finely ground mung beans and small pieces of pork, along with spices. Buying bánh khúc as a specialty gift from Hanoi is a great choice as it captures the essence of the countryside’s fragrance and the taste of glutinous rice.
Where to buy delicious bánh khúc in Hanoi:
– Bánh khúc Cô Lan: 69B Nguyễn Công Trứ, Phố Huế, Hai Bà Trưng District
– Bánh khúc Quân: 35 Cầu Gỗ, Hàng Bạc, Hoàn Kiếm District
9 . Top 24 vietnamese food you don’t want to miss – Hanoi’s Bánh Mì Sốt Vang
The cool weather in Hanoi is the perfect time to indulge in bánh mì sốt vang. The golden crispy bread dipped in rich red wine sauce with tender beef creates a light and satisfying meal to start a new day.
Where to enjoy delicious bánh mì sốt vang:
– Beefsteak Sauce Bread Shop: Alley 35 Thái Thịnh, Tư Sở Intersection, Đống Đa District
– Shop at 252 Hàng Bông, Cửa Nam, Hoàn Kiếm District
– Trâm – Bánh mì sốt vang Đình Ngang: 30 Đình Ngang, Hoàn Kiếm District
10 . Top 24 vietnamese food you don’t want to miss – Hanoi’s Bánh Giò Đông Các
Bánh giò is a popular local dish in Hanoi, often found in street food stalls or sold along the streets. The cake is carefully wrapped in thick, intricate banana leaves. The savory meat filling inside is deliciously balanced and rich. A bánh giò, when eaten while hungry, will keep you warm and satisfied for hours.
Where to find delicious bánh giò at Đông Các:
– 33 Đông Các, Đống Đa District
11. Top 24 vietnamese food you don’t want to miss – Egg Coffee – Giảng Café
Starting the day in Hanoi with a fragrant and creamy egg coffee is a wonderful experience. Among the many places that serve egg coffee in the city, the most memorable is Giảng Café, located at Alley 39, Nguyễn Hữu Huân, Hoàn Kiếm District, Hanoi. For an authentic Hanoi-style egg coffee, it’s best to choose the hot version, but even the iced version is exceptional. In addition, Giảng Café offers other traditional options such as brown coffee, black coffee, iced coffee with condensed milk, and drip coffee.
12 . Top 24 vietnamese food you don’t want to miss – Thanh Trì Steamed Rice Rolls
Thanh Trì steamed rice rolls are famous for their thin and chewy texture. The filling consists of fried shallots, minced meat, and a hint of spices. The rolls are served with a light fish sauce dip and accompanied by delicious fragrant pork sausage, creating an enticing and satisfying taste. Experience Thanh Trì steamed rice rolls in Hanoi to discover the difference!
Where to enjoy delicious Thanh Trì steamed rice rolls:
– Bánh cuốn Bà Hoành: 66 Tô Hiến Thành, Bùi Thị Xuân, Hoàn Kiếm District
– Traditional Thanh Vân steamed rice rolls: 12-14 Hàng Gà, Hàng Bồ, Hoàn Kiếm District
– Bánh cuốn Bà Xuân: slope of Hòe Nhai, Nguyễn Trung Trực, Ba Đình District
13 . Top 24 vietnamese food you don’t want to miss – Hanoi’s Bún Thang
Bún Thang is a traditional Hanoi dish that is enjoyed by locals and visitors alike. It is a delicate and colorful noodle soup that is typically made from chicken, pork, and dried shrimp. The ingredients are carefully prepared and arranged in the bowl, creating a visually appealing dish.
Here are some places in Hanoi where you can try delicious Bún Thang:
– Bún Thang Bà Đức: 48 Cầu Gỗ, Hàng Bạc, Hoàn Kiếm District
– Bún Thang Cầu Gỗ: 48 Cầu Gỗ, Hàng Bạc, Hoàn Kiếm District
– Bún Thang Hàng Điếu: 48 Hàng Điếu, Cửa Đông, Hoàn Kiếm District
14. Top 24 vietnamese food you don’t want to miss – Hanoi’s Bún đậu mắm tôm
15. Top 24 vietnamese food you don’t want to miss – Hanoi’s Phở
16. Top 24 vietnamese food you don’t want to miss – Hanoi’s Lã Vọng Fish Cake
Lã Vọng Fish Cake is a specialty dish from Hanoi made from lang fish, a nutritious fish with tender and boneless meat. The fish cake is fried until crispy and served with aromatic herbs, fresh vermicelli noodles, or rice for both lunch and dinner with the family. It is especially delicious when eaten with fresh shrimp paste. This dish promises to awaken your taste buds with an unforgettable flavor.
Places to buy Lã Vọng Fish Cake in Hanoi:
– Vọng Ngư Fish Cake: 29 Nguyễn Chí Thanh, Ba Đình
– Thăng Long Fish Cake: 21 Đường Thành, Hoàn Kiếm District
– Lão Ngư Fish Cake: 171 Thái Hà, Hoàn Kiếm District
17 . Top 24 vietnamese food you don’t want to miss – Hanoi’s Fried Pork Intestines
If you visit Hanoi and haven’t tried the specialty dish of fried pork intestines, you’re missing out on a true culinary experience. The clean and crispy fried intestines, with a soft and tender interior, are served with aromatic herbs, fresh vermicelli noodles, and a tangy and spicy shrimp paste, creating an explosion of flavors. #teamKlook can try various preparations such as steamed intestines, intestine salad, and more, as they are all exceptionally delicious!
Recommended places for fried pork intestines in Hanoi:
– Nhất Quán Fried Intestines: 23 Nguyễn Siêu, Hàng Buồm, Hoàn Kiếm
– Fried Intestines at 16 Hàng Gà, Hanoi
– Fried Intestines at 27, Alley 16, Hoàng Cầu, Hanoi
18 . Top 24 vietnamese food you don’t want to miss – Hanoi’s Green Sticky Rice Cake
When it comes to Hanoi’s specialties that capture the hearts of visitors, one cannot forget about green sticky rice cake. This famous Hanoi snack is known for its sweet and fragrant taste that is truly enticing. The cake’s outer layer is made from green rice flakes, which are visually appealing with a vibrant yellow-green color. It is sweet, soft, and wraps around a filling made from either durian or mung beans. The best way to enjoy Hanoi’s green sticky rice cake is to pair it with hot tea, and it is a favorite delicacy during the Lunar New Year.
Where to buy delicious green sticky rice cake in Hanoi:
– Bảo Minh Green Sticky Rice Cake: 12 Hàng Than, Ba Đình, Hanoi
– Tươi Xào Xưa Nay Green Sticky Rice Cake: 60 Hàng Than, Ba Đình, Hanoi
– Cốm Vòng Hanoi: 36, Alley 63 Xuân Thủy Street, Cầu Giấy, Hanoi
Read more >> Top 7 night markets in Hanoi
19 . Top 24 vietnamese food you don’t want to miss – Hanoi’s Banh Mi
Banh mi, the “national delicacy” of Hanoi and Vietnam in general, is a must-try. Hanoi’s banh mi stands out for its creative variations, with fillings such as grilled meat, potato sausage, and fried fermented pork roll that bring unique and delicious flavors. Hanoi’s Dân Tổ banh mi even made waves on social media with its generous fillings of eggs, sausage, and pâté. Hanoi’s banh mi ranges in price from 20,000 VND to over 60,000 VND, and despite its small size, it provides enough energy for #teamKlook to embark on their exploration.
Recommended places to get delicious banh mi in Hanoi:
– Dân Tổ Banh Mi: Intersection of Cao Thắng and Trần Nhật Duật Streets – only available from 3:00 AM to 7:00 AM
– Lãn Ông Banh Mi: 8 Chả Cá Street, Hanoi
– Đặng Văn Ngữ Potato Sausage Banh Mi: 7A, Alley 4C, Đặng Văn Ngữ Street, Đống Đa District, Hanoi
You may also want to check out >> Top 10 thai restaurants in Hanoi
20. Top 24 vietnamese food you don’t want to miss – Hanoi’s Sandworm Cake
Sandworm cake is one of the famous specialties of Hanoi. It is made from sandworms, minced pork, eggs, onions, and chili, all mixed together and served with delicate fish sauce, creating an exquisite and delightful taste that will leave diners craving for more. The soft and fatty sandworm cake, enjoyed hot in the chilly weather of Hanoi, is an unmatched experience.
Places to buy delicious sandworm cake:
– Hưng Thịnh Sandworm Cake: 1 Hàng Chiếu, Hoàn Kiếm District
– Gia Ngư Sandworm Cake: 25 Gia Ngư, Hoàn Kiếm District
– Hằng Béo Sandworm Cake: 244 Lò Đúc, Hai Bà TrI apologize, but I don’t have any information on “Hanoi’s Sandworm Cake” beyond what was provided in the previous response. It’s possible that sandworm cake is a lesser-known or regional specialty that I don’t have information about. If you have any other questions or need assistance with something else, feel free to ask!
21. Top 24 vietnamese food you don’t want to miss – Tào Phớ in Hanoi
22. Top 24 vietnamese food you don’t want to miss – Hanoi’s Shrimp Cakes
23 . Top 24 vietnamese food you don’t want to miss – Tràng Tiền Ice Cream in Hanoi
The Tràng Tiền Ice Cream brand has been around for a long time and is located right in the center of the capital city. People come here to enjoy Tràng Tiền ice cream not only for its delicious and refreshing taste but also to relive childhood memories. If you’re looking for traditional flavors like green rice flakes, mung beans, coconut milk, cocoa, and more, then head straight to Tràng Tiền ice cream.
Address to buy Tràng Tiền Ice Cream:
35 Tràng Tiền, Hoàn Kiếm District, Hanoi.
24. Top 24 vietnamese food you don’t want to miss – Hanoi’s Dried Beef Salad
When it comes to Hanoi, mentioning “nộm” immediately brings to mind the delicious Hanoi-style dried beef salad. It features thinly sliced dried beef, marinated to create a chewy texture, combined with shredded green papaya, aromatic herbs, roasted peanuts, and a sweet and tangy dressing that is incredibly enticing.
Recommended places to buy delicious dried beef salad:
Nộm Vân: 16B Đường Thành, Hoàn Kiếm District
Nộm Ông Phúc: Alley 1 Nghĩa Tân, Cầu Giấy District
Nộm Huế: 21 Đặng Trần Côn, Đống Đa District