INSTRUCTIONS WHEN GOING FOR EXAMINATIONS AT HO CHI MINH ONCOLOGY HOSPITAL IN 2024 will be shared by BeDental below, let’s find out!
Ho Chi Minh Oncology Center was formerly the base of the Oncology Hospital built around 1985. It is the merger of three units: (1) Ho Chi Minh City Cancer Hospital (2) Vietnam Cancer Institute and (3) Oncology Department of Binh Dan Hospital.
Ho Chi Minh Oncology Hospital is a class I specialized hospital. This is a reliable address if you want to examine and treat diseases such as cancer and oncology.
The leaders at all levels decided to merge the Department of Oncology, the Vietnam Cancer Institute and the Oncology Department of Binh Dan Hospital to form the City Oncology Hospital. Ho Chi Minh City today. Not simply performing the medical examination and treatment function of a physician, the hospital has raised funds for cancer patients.
An oncology hospital is a type of specialized medical facility that specializes in treating cancer-related diseases. The history of establishing an oncology hospital has been recorded in the following periods:
The first phase began in the 19th century, when the first medical researchers began observing and describing cancer cases. However, in the 1930s, technology to diagnose and treat cancer was still quite limited.
The final phase began around the 1940s, when scientists began researching many new methods of diagnosing and treating cancer, including surgery and chemotherapy. The first specialized cancer hospitals were also established at this time.
From the 1950s onwards, oncology hospitals became more developed in several Western countries, and many medical professionals began to cooperate internationally to exchange experiences in cancer treatment.
In Vietnam, the first oncology hospitals were established in the 1980s, such as K Hospital and K2 Hospital in Hanoi, Hung Vuong Oncology Hospital in City. HCM and some other hospitals. Since then, many oncology hospitals in Vietnam have become very popular and provide top healthcare services for cancer patients.
Ho Chi Minh Oncology Hospital address
- Ho Chi Minh City Oncology Department: 3 No Trang Long, Ward 7, Binh Thanh District, Ho Chi Minh
- Oncology Department facility 2: No. 12 D400, Long Thanh My, District 9, Ho Chi Minh
- Satellite Oncology Internal Medicine Department: 130 Le Van Thinh, Binh Trung Tay Ward, District 2, Ho Chi Minh
Specialties of Ho Chi Minh Oncology Hospital
An oncology hospital is a specialized medical facility that treats cancer-related diseases. The following are some of the specialties available at oncology hospitals:
- Breast Cancer Specialist, Liver Cancer Specialist and liver-related diseases
- Specialized in Colon Cancer and diseases related to the respiratory tract
- Specializing in Lung Cancer and respiratory-related diseases
- Specialized in Skin Cancer and Lymphatic System
- Specialized in Testicular Cancer and prostate related diseases
- Specialized in Testicular Cancer and skin-related diseases
- Specializing in Liver Cancer and Thyroid-related diseases
- Specialized in Ovarian Cancer and diseases related to the reproductive system
- Specialized in Ovarian Cancer and gynecological related diseases
In addition, there are a number of other specialties such as Bone and Joint Cancer Specialist, Breast Cancer Specialist, Prostate Cancer Specialist, Kidney and Urogenital Cancer Specialist, Spine and Systemic Cancer Specialist. Neurology, Gynecological Oncology, Ovarian and Uterine Cancer, etc.
Depending on each hospital and region, the list of specialties may vary.
There are 2 facilities in Ho Chi Minh City
Facility 1: Oncology Hospital
The hospital has 8 functional rooms, 19 clinical departments and 8 paraclinical departments, the structure is as follows:
- In-service training room
- Organization and staff
- Financial Accounting
- Business Finance Department
- Accounting department
- Line Management Department
- Science, Technology & Investment
- Technical equipment and supplies room
- IT Department
- Medical examination specialist
- Radiation specialist 1
- Radiation specialist 2
- Radiation specialist 3
- Radiation specialist 4
- Specialization in Nuclear Medicine
- Specialization in Surgery – Anesthesia and Resuscitation
- Specialized in palliative care
- Screening consulting unit for early detection of cancer
- Internal Oncology Department, District 2
- Internal medicine specialist 1/2/3/4
- Surgical specialty 1/2/3/4/5/6
- Pharmacy Department
- Specialized in anti-infection
- Laboratory specialist
- Pathology specialist
- Specialized in diagnostic imaging
- Nutrition specialist
- Endoscopy specialist
- Specialized in radiological engineering
Facility 2 – Oncology Hospital in Thu Duc
Oncology Hospital 2 has a scale of 1,000 beds, 500 medical staff with many machines and high-tech equipment to reduce the load on the old facility and best serve patients.
Previously, according to the hospital board of directors, from October 2, 2020, the Examination Department of Oncology Hospital facility 2 will go into use. It is expected that on March 31, 2021, the entire chemotherapy department will be put into use. In the second quarter of 2021, the entire radiotherapy department of the hospital will begin operations.
All departments such as: Examination department, Inpatient area, chemotherapy treatment departments, Obstetrics and Surgery departments as well as a number of other functional rooms of Oncology Hospital facility 2 will be put into operation.
Instructions for medical examination at Ho Chi Minh Oncology Hospital
Procedure for medical examination instructions at City Oncology Hospital. Ho Chi Minh is implemented as follows:
Medical examination includes clinical tests
- The patient goes to the medical examination registration counter to pay the medical examination fee.
- Patients come for examination at the counters with clinical indications of the Oncology Department.
- The patient pays for the medicine and goes for paraclinical tests.
- The patient brings the results to the paraclinical diagnostic examination room of the Oncology Department.
- The patient receives the prescription, then pays for the medicine and picks up the medicine at the Pharmacy Department (if they have Health Insurance) or the hospital pharmacy (if they do not have Health Insurance).
Medical examination does not include clinical tests
- Patients come to register and pay hospital fees at the medical examination and treatment registration counter.
- Patients come for examination at the designated paraclinical examination counters of the Oncology Department.
- The patient pays hospital fees.
- The patient goes to get medicine at the Pharmacy Department (if they have Health Insurance) or the hospital pharmacy (if they don’t have Health Insurance).
Examination hours of the Ho Chi Minh Oncology Hospital
Time to get medical examination number: 4:30 am
After-hours medical examination and treatment hours (morning): 6:00 a.m. – 7:30 a.m
Morning office hours: 7:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m
Afternoon office hours: 13:00 – 16:30
Although Ho Chi Minh City was only established in 1985 and is still quite young, it has had developments in terms of facilities, equipment and qualifications of medical staff. Not only does the hospital provide medical examination and prevention as well as direct medical care in the South, it also provides medical training and scientific research.
Examination time at an oncology hospital may vary depending on each hospital and specialty. However, usually oncology hospitals will conduct medical examinations by appointment to create convenience for patients.
To register for medical examination at an oncology hospital, you can contact the medical examination registration department of that hospital or go to the hospital’s website to register online (if available).
When registering for a medical examination, you will be instructed on the expected medical examination schedule and other requirements (if any) as well as prepare the necessary medical documents or submit an application to reduce medical examination fees (if any).
Above are some experiences in medical examination and treatment at Ho Chi Minh City Oncology Hospital. Hopefully this will help you answer some of your questions when you are planning to have medical examination and treatment at this hospital!
BEDENTAL - TOP STANDARD DENTISTRY SYSTEM
Address 1: 7B Thi Sach St, Ngo Thi Nham, Hai Ba Trung Dist, Ha Noi. - 0934.61.9090
Address 2: 343 Tay Son St, Nga Tu So Ward, Dong Da Dist, Ha Noi. (Nga Tu So Cross) - 0934.61.9090
Address 3: CC2 Tower Nguyen Huu Tho St, Dinh Cong Ward, Hoang Mai Dist, Ha Noi. (Inside True Hope ) - 0934.61.9090
In HO CHI MINH
Address 1: 140 Nguyen Van Thu St, Da Kao, Dist. 1, Ho Chi Minh. - 0766.00.8080
Address2: 25, City Land urban area, Go Vap Dist, Ho Chi Minh - 0766.00.8080
Working: 9am - 9pm everyday